Being a mom is a full-time job and it can be challenging to keep everything in order. Trying to mentally keep track of school schedules, dance, sports, meals, maintaining the house, etc.. can put your brain into overdrive.
Most moms have a calendar to keep track of the kids activities, but have you considered planning more to give your mind a break from trying to remember everything?
With proper planning, you can manage everything efficiently and make your life easier. Here are five things moms should be planning every week to stay on top of things:
- Meal Planning: Planning your meals in advance can save you time and money. Consider planning your meals for the week (or even month) ahead of time and make a grocery list so that you can buy everything you need in one trip. This will not only help you stay organized but also help you eat healthier and save money. Here’s my simplified meal planning system.
- Family Schedule: Here I’m talking about scheduling items not just for the kids, but for the adults and the pets. Keeping a family schedule can help you stay on top of everyone’s activities for the week. It’s important to keep track of school schedules, extracurricular activities, doctor’s appointments, vet appointments, dog walks and even pet & kid enrichment activities.
- Cleaning Schedule: It’s important to keep your house clean but it can be difficult to find the time to do so. Creating a cleaning schedule can help you stay on track and make sure everything gets done without having to spend your entire weekend doing so. Consider breaking chores down by room or task and assign them to different days of the week to keep up with the ongoing maintenance of the home, without sacrificing all your free time.
- Self-Care: As a mom, it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself. Make self-care a priority by scheduling time for exercise, relaxation, and hobbies. As they say, you can’t fill others from an empty cup… and if you’re a stay at home mom, you’re probably about to, or have already hit your breaking point of always giving and never filling your own cup. This will help you stay happy and healthy, which will ultimately benefit both you and your family.
- Finances: Managing your finances can be a daunting task but it’s important to stay on top of things. Consider setting aside time each week to review your budget, pay bills, and plan for any upcoming expenses. This will keep you on track to reach your financial goals.
One thing we do in our household that helps is to have a “family meeting” every Sunday where we review these items so that we’re all on the same page for the week ahead.
make sense of it all:
If you need help figuring out how to schedule everything, sign up for my FREE 5 day planning course
In conclusion, planning is key to managing everything as a mom. By keeping these five things in mind and planning each week accordingly, you can make your life easier and stay on top of everything that you need to do AND everything that you want to do.