DISCLOSURE: THERE ARE SOME AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW AND I MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH LINKS IN THIS POST. ALL PRODUCTS ARE ONES I RECOMMEND AND DO/WOULD USE MYSELF.
STEFFANIBAKER.COM IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM
Mornings can be hectic. It’s hard enough as moms to make sure everyone else is taken care of for the day, let alone to give ourselves the time we need to set ourselves up for success. One thing we can benefit from is having a solid morning routine to help set the tone for a productive day.
Here are some must-haves for your morning ritual that will help you start your day off on the right foot:
- Hydrate: Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can help wake up your body and mind. And yes.. this means before coffee (awful, I know). Add some lemon and a little sea salt for an extra boost hydration and to aid in digestion. Tip: grab yourself a cute water cup to make it easier to track throughout the day. (this one is drool worthy)
- Exercise: Even a short workout session can help increase energy levels and boost your mood. Whether it’s a yoga flow or a quick 10 minutes on the treadmill or stairs, get moving!
- Eat a healthy breakfast – As a busy mom, it can be tempting to skip breakfast or grab something quick and unhealthy on the go. However, starting your day with a healthy meal will give you the energy you need to tackle the day ahead. If you can, get into meal planning so you don’t have to think about it when your brain is still tired and would rather leftover pizza.
- Mindfulness: Take a few minutes to center yourself and set intentions for the day. Try meditating, journaling, or simply taking a few deep breaths to start your day off with a clear mind.
- Skincare: Don’t forget to take care of your skin! A simple skincare routine can leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. Cleanse, moisturize, and apply sunscreen to protect your skin for a beautiful base for makeup, or a makeup free face.
- Review your day: it’s important to review your planner real quick every morning. By taking a few minutes to look at your schedule for the day, you can ensure that you don’t miss any important appointments or deadlines that you’ve set for yourself.
- Get dressed – While it can be tempting to stay in your pajamas all day, getting dressed can help you feel more motivated and productive. You don’t have to wear anything fancy, but changing out of your sleepwear can make a big difference in your mindset.
Establishing a few essential morning habits can be a game-changer for busy moms looking to start their day off on the right foot. If you prioritize your own morning routine, you’ll feel more in control of your day and ready to tackle whatever comes your way.
Remember, it’s not about achieving perfection, but rather finding a routine that works for you and your family. Don’t worry about adding in everything at once, add in what makes the biggest difference for you, then each week add in one or two more things. Just make a plan and stick to it, and before you know it, you’ll be a morning person and a supermom all in one!
If you need help figuring out how to plan this into your daily schedule, sign up for my FREE 5 day planning course here.
Also, leave me a comment below & tell me how it’s going!